Friday, July 19, 2013

Public Sentiment

I'm sure all of us have heard how our media reports are biased and stories are told in such a way as to direct the public's perception to a foregone conclusion. I'm not sure that it's working.

Paula Deen's indiscretion was a major flap a couple of weeks ago. "Everyone" seemed to condemn her and her sponsors were dropping like flies. However, I read quite a few (not all, I do have a life) comments on these stories and I did not see one person who agreed with how Paula was being treated. Did the media ever bother to acknowledge this? Not that I saw.

Now, today, our illustrious leader is once again comparing himself to the teenager shot in Florida. The poor man has been racially profiled (until he became a Senator - how in the heck did the discriminators know this; did he wear a sign?)

I call bullshit on his assertion that a lone woman in an elevator will "clutch her purse to herself" if a black man steps in. She probably would do the same if a white man or gang of teenagers joined her. A woman alone is vulnerable, you asshole.

Anyway, again the commenters seem to disagree with what is being said. I even saw one call the President out - "Obama will have blood on his hands if the hoodies commit violence at the marches this weekend. Blood."

I skimmed perhaps 30 comments to find that one again. Lots of comments calling the POTUS a racist, even if he is half white. How quickly he forgets...

No comments:

Post a Comment